Greek Potato Wedges tossed in a herbaceous mix with lemon juice and zest roasted until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. This recipe is best paired with a dill yogurt sauce.
This roasted Greek potatoes is just one of the easiest side dishes you can make. As someone who loves quick and simple recipes, being able to literally toss up some herbs with potato wedges to make a tasty dish is gold!
This Greek style potatoes is made with distinct ingredients paramount in achieving the right taste for the Mediterranean dish. The ingredients needed with the use of each one is explained further below.
Ingredients For This Roasted Greek Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes – using russet potatoes will lead to the best outcome for potato wedges. The reason for this is their high starch content but low moisture content. This, therefore, ultimately leads to a fluffy texture inside with that crispy outer crust we all love.
- Olive Oil – the purpose of the olive oil is to add flavor, along with the right oven temperature that will make their skin crispy.
- Lemon Juice and Zest – this dish will be more flavorful with lemons. Lemons are one of nature’s most powerful flavor enhancers, keeping foods from tasting flat or bland. Additionally, adding the zest will exude additional flavor throughout the baking process, ensuring the flavor remains.
- Garlic Powder – minced garlic cloves will work just fine in this recipe but I opted for garlic powder for this recipe. The reason why I have used the powder variation is because I want the wedges to get an even coat of the mixture.
- Dried Rosemary – a lot of flavor is built from using rosemary in this recipe. It’s important to remember that potatoes require help to build their own flavor so don’t miss this ingredient.
- Dried Oregano – Here, its purpose is to enhance the flavors of this dish even further. Oregano is also more flavorful when it is dried rather than fresh.
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh Dill – this is an optional garnish you can chop and sprinkle on top.
How To Make This Roasted Potatoes Perfectly
- Firstly, the potatoes should be washed thoroughly then slice them in the middle of the longer sides into equal halves. Afterwards, cut each half of the potato into 4 equal wedges.
- Combine all the dried oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and zest in a large mixing bowl and mix all together. Add the potato wedges and stir till they’re well coated with the mixture. Place potatoes on foil-lined baking tray and pop into the oven.
- Bake in the oven at 400 F for 20 minutes, flip each one halfway through (10 minutes) the baking process to ensure they are cooked evenly. You can garnish with chopped dill before serving.
What To Serve With Potato Wedges
There is a wide range of things you can serve with potato wedges. Some examples include chicken wings, salads or garlic bread. Although, Greek potato wedges are generally accompanied by a dill yogurt sauce or tzatziki.
How To Keep Potato Wedges From Getting Soggy?
To prevent potatoes becoming soggy, make sure the oven is preheated properly to temperature before baking them.. Attempting to bake the potatoes at a temperature that is too low will cause them to absorb too much oil before they actually start cooking. Get crispy baked potatoes by following the temperature and baking time recommendations.
Other Mediterranean Dishes To Try
- 500g Russet Potatoes (about 3 large ones)
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tbsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Loosely Pack Chopped Dill (optional garnish)
- The potatoes should be washed thoroughly and sliced along the longer sides into equal halves. Afterwards, cut each half of the potato into 4 equal wedges.
- Combine all the spices, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and zest and mix all together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the potato wedges and stir till they're well coated with the mixture.
- Place potatoes on foil-lined baking tray and pop into the oven.
- Cook in the oven at 400 F for 20 minutes, flipping each one halfway through to cook evenly.
- Garnish with chopped dill (optional) and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Please note that nutritional information is not always accurate.