This Mushroom Parmesan Pappardelle Pasta is made with sautéed cremini mushrooms, caramelized onions and parmesan cheese for a tasty pasta dish that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
An Easy Pasta Recipe
Pasta is one of the easiest dishes to make for lunch or dinner. With so many pasta options out there, you can never run out of ideas and recipes.
This mushroom parmesan pappardelle combines the earthy flavors of cremini mushrooms, parmesan cheese and the sweetness of caramelized onions to make this delicious pasta dinner.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pappardelle Pasta – it is up to you to use fresh or dry Pappardelle.
- Cremini Mushrooms – meaty and earthy flavor which is more intense than white mushrooms
- White Cooking Onions – caramelizing them add a subtle sweetness to this dish
- Parmesan Cheese – grate your own block of cheese to get best flavors.
- Butter – because almost everything taste better with some butter
- Parsley – to add some freshness
- Salt & Pepper – for taste
- Using spaghetti, mafalda or linguini pasta will also work in place of pappardelle.
- It is okay to use dry parsley instead of a fresh one too.
- Chestnut mushrooms and baby bellas can be substituted for cremini mushrooms. They also have a meaty texture and are rich in flavor as well.
How To Store And Reheat
Store this pasta in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in a pan on the stove with a small splash of water on low heat.
Please note that this recipe is best enjoyed fresh and does not keep well in the freezer.
Tips For Making This Pasta Perfectly
- Don’t forget to save some pasta water to add into the sauce. It carries some flavors and the starch in it helps thicken the sauce.
- Feel free to ass additional salt to your liking before mixing the pasta.
- Use a silicone tong or chopsticks to mix the pasta into the sauce. This helps in keeping the shape together and not rip.
More Pasta Recipe To Try
- 250g Pappardelle Pasta
- 220g Cremini Mushroom, sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 medium-sized White Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp, Butter
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Bring 1.5 liters of water to a boil, add salt then pasta. Boil pasta for 10 minutes or until cooked but firm.
- Save 1/2 a cup of the pasta water, drain the rest and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Fry onions till they become golden brown, add butter and mushrooms. Fry for 2 minutes until cooked and tender..
- Put in pasta water to deglaze pan followed by the parmesan cheese. Let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes till sauce is reduced and thicker.
- Add chopped parsley, gently stir in pasta till its well coated in sauce.
- Serve with an extra shaving of parmesan.
1. This recipe can also be made using other types of pasta. Spaghetti, Mafalda and Linguini are some good options.
2. It's best to serve recipe while it's still hot in order to enjoy the silky texture of the sauce.
3. Using pasta water in the sauce helps thicken but also salt the pasta. Feel free to ass additional salt to your liking before mixing the pasta.
4. Use a silicone tong or chopsticks to mix the pasta to help in keeping the shape together.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 3895mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Nutritional Information is not always accurate.