This has to be the most Moist Banana Bread I have ever had. And I am not just saying that because I made it. I am very critical of my own cooking/baking so when I say it is good, it is really good.
Banana Breads are know as breakfast breads and you can usually buy a slice at a café. But why pay $3 – $4 for just a slice when you can make a whole banana loaf with a few ingredients probably already in your pantry?
I couldn’t resist once it was done baking and my impatience led to almost having no banana bread to actually photograph once I was done.
This banana bread came out moist enough for me, however 1/3 cup of sour cream can also be added if you want your bread even more moist.
Some of the ingredients you’ll be needing to achieve baking this Moist Banana Bread are:
- Cake Flour – give a light cake-like texture
- All-Purpose Flour – contains a higher protein amount than cake flour
- Melted Butter – contributes to moisture and flavor
- Ripe Bananas – for sweetness, moisture and flavor
- Eggs – acts as an emulsifier
- Baking Powder – acts as leavening agent
- Brown Sugar – adds sweetness and contributes to the moist, chewy texture
- White Sugar – for sweetness
How To Store Banana Bread
It is important to store your bread properly. First of all, make sure your bread has cooled down completely before storing. You can store on the counter and it will keep for 2-3 days but wrapping in a plastic wrap and and putting it in a fridge will extend its shelf life by a week. If you want to store for up to 20 days, cover the bread well in an air-tight container and store in a freezer. Thaw out in a fridge overnight whenever you want to use it.
Moist Banana Bread
Fluffy, sweet and moist banana bread you really can't afford not to bake! One of the best breakfast loafs.
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 170 C
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash 3 of the ripe bananas in a mixing bowl into smooth and chunky bits, add brown and white sugar, eggs and whisk together.
- Add melted butter and vanilla extract, combine.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in flour, baking powder.
- Transfer batter into the parchment lined loaf pan
- Slice the remaining banana from the top to get 2 long halves. Gently place both on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick placed at the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply