Yum! This Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe is one to die for! Delicious, plump and juicy shrimps cooked in garlic, butter and white wine sauce to make this mouth-watering bowl of Shrimp Scampi Pasta. You just have to make this simple pasta dish.
Pasta recipes should be simple enough to cook in less than an hour. It’s a very versatile ingredient that can be transformed into different kinds of recipe but my favorite choice of meat to use are shrimps. They take on flavors well and juicy if you cook them right.
What is Scampi Sauce Made Of?
The key ingredients to nailing your scampi sauce each time it using the right measurement of ingredients. This will ensure you end up with a rich, thick and zesty sauce to coat your pasta.
- White Wine
- Chopped Garlic
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
If you are looking for a good substitute for white wine in your scampi sauce; vegetable or chicken broth works just fine.
How To Thicken Shrimp Scampi Sauce
This dish traditionally does not have a thick sauce like a roux. It is all about being light & fresh tasting. The sauce will thicken up to the right consistency when white wine has been reduced down over medium heat. Avoid adding cornstarch because that will only make the sauce thick and gummy.
- 200g Linguine Pasta
- 150g Tiger Shrimps, peeled and uncooked
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Bring 1.5 liters of water to a boil, add salt then pasta. Boil pasta for 10 minutes or until cooked but firm. Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear shrimps 15 seconds on each side.
- Fry the garlic in the same skillet till they become light golden, add butter. Fry till butter is completely melted.
- Add white wine to deglaze pan followed by parmesan cheese. Let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes till sauce is reduced and thick.
- It's time to put the pasta in the sauce along with the chopped parsley. Gently stir till pasta is well coated in sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Please note that nutrition info is not always accurate.