This Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta Cheese is a simple and delicious appetizer recipe that will please anyone. It’s hard not to want more after one bite!
Okay so… bruschetta! I mean roasted cherry tomato bruschetta! The taste of this mini delightful appetizer is forever etched on my taste buds. And to think such flavorful dish can actually be made in 20 minutes or less. Something I learned early in life about cooking was, quality ingredients is just as important as technique. One might do all the necessary things to make a dish but if wrong or poor choice of ingredients are used, the dish will not deliver. This cherry tomato bruschetta definitely is a winner appetizer. There is use of quality ingredients, flavorful and easy to make.
I have made this tomato bruschetta recipe many times but honestly, this was my favorite one of the lots. I took my time in learning how to build the flavors right so that each part of it has a delicious taste. The bread was flavored, the ricotta cheese was flavored and the tomatoes were flavored too. That is how this has come to be the best bruschetta appetizer ever! So let’s get into the ingredients.
Ingredients List And Substitutions For Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- Baguette Bread – the baguette is the choice of bread used in this recipe because I really wanted them to be bite-sized. Well in my case each one was eaten in three bites. Another reason why I used a baguette is that it has one of the best flavors I find. However, sourdough bread is a great substitution here. Whatever kind of bread you use, make sure to cut them not too thin or too thick. In this way, the outside will be toasty while the inside will be soft.
- Red Cherry Tomatoes – as cherry tomatoes are sweeter in nature than other tomatoes, they seem to fit in well with this recipe that seems somewhat indulgent in nature. However, if you can’t find cherry tomatoes at the store, grape tomatoes will be a similar substitute.
- Ricotta Cheese – this has always been a favorite of mine whenever I am craving something savory and indulgent. Ricotta is not very sweet tasting and that is why we have to enhance its flavors with other ingredients for this recipe.
- Fresh Garlic – crush some garlic to flavor the tomato. Tomatoes taste wonderful when paired with garlic. If you do not have fresh garlic, garlic powder will work too.
- Olive Oil – needed to flavor and toast the bread
- Fresh Dill – dill and ricotta are like a perfect match. And since ricotta cheese has a very mild taste, the presence of dill will help to enhance it.
- Salt and Black Pepper – acts as a flavor enhancer
- Fresh Basil – this is an optional garnish you can sprinkle on top
How To Make Roasted Tomato Bruschetta Perfectly
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. While you are waiting, slice the baguette into half-inch-thick slices, brush each piece with olive oil, and sprinkle salt and black pepper over their tops. Place the baguette slices on the baking tray.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, pour into a mixing bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of crushed garlic. Set them on the other side of your baking tray.
- Bake the baguette in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Take out the baguette and continue to roast the tomatoes until they are soft.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, chopped dill, and salt in a small bowl until creamy and well combined.
- Set the tomatoes aside once they have done their roasting and spread ricotta on the baguette slices. Put the roasted cherry tomatoes on top of the ricotta and then sprinkle with fresh chopped basil or dill.
Important Things To Remember
It is vital to serve the appetizer immediately once it is ready because the bread will become soggy if it is left sitting around for too long.
Can Bruschetta Be Made The Day Before?
If you are making this ahead, roast the tomatoes, let them cool down, and put them in an airtight container. Make the ricotta dill mix as well, cover, and keep both refrigerated. All you’ll have to do is bring out the ricotta dill mix a couple of hours before serving so it can get to room temperature. Then toast the bread the next day, give the tomatoes a couple of minutes in the oven as well to get warm then assemble the appetizer.
Other Easy Appetizer Dish To Make
- 12-inch Baguette
- 1 1/2 cups Red Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the baguette into half-inch-thick slices, brush each one with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper on the top side. Place on the baking tray.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves and pour into a mixing bowl, add one tablespoon of olive oil along with crushed garlic, and mix. Set them on the other side of the baking tray.
- Set the baking tray in the pre-heated oven and let the baguette toast for 5 minutes. Take them out and allow the tomatoes to continue to roast for another 5 minutes till they get soft or collapse.
- Add ricotta cheese, chopped dill, and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Mix properly until creamy and well combined.
- Once the tomatoes are ready, bring them out of the oven and set them aside. It's time to assemble.
- Spread a tablespoon of creamed ricotta cheese on each slice of the baguette. Add the roasted cherry tomatoes on top of the ricotta. Then top them with fresh chopped basil.
- Serve immediately while warm.
1. The grape tomato is also an excellent alternative to cherry tomatoes since it is sweet and has a similar taste as cherry tomatoes.
2. It is important to serve the appetizer immediately when done because the bread will become soggy if left sitting around for long.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Please note that nutritional information is not always accurate.