This Honey Garlic Shrimps in Browned Butter Sauce is a quick dinner recipe that can be enjoyed with a numerous side dish options such as rice. It is flavorful and has the right balance between sweet, tangy and a light kick to it from the pepper flakes.
Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry is a take out favorite of many people and in this recipe post, I’m showing you how easy it is to recreate at home with just a few ingredients. This, along with many of my recipes is quick to make. It literally takes about 15 minutes to whip this up. Before getting into some recipe information, let’s take about what you’ll be needing first.
Ingredients For Honey Garlic Shrimps Stir Fry
- Raw Tiger Shrimps or Argentinian Shrimps
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Pepper Flakes
*(See recipe card for full ingredients list, measurements and cooking instructions)
Type of Shrimps To Use
The best type of shrimps to use are fresh Black Tiger Shrimps or Argentinian Shrimps. It is important to use fresh shrimps which you can get at your local fish market or at the seafood counter at the grocery store. Avoid shrimps that smell like ammonia and slimy ones. This recipe uses medium sized shrimps but there is no reason why you can’t use larger or smaller shrimps but cooking time should be adjusted in accordance to shrimp size.
Type of Honey To Use
A good quality honey is important in this recipe. It will contribute to the flavors and texture you get at the end. There is no need to use a very expensive bottle of honey, a store-bought natural honey that you can find in the jam and spreads aisle will work well in this recipe.
Tips To Cook This Recipe Properly
Raw shrimps works best for this recipe. A good choice are tiger shrimps and Argentinian shrimps. Note that overcooked shrimps tend to be tough and rubbery in texture so keep an eye and sear over high heat for a minute on each side.
Keep and eye on the butter while browning. It is very easy to burn butter and a a result, the sauce will be bitter in addition unpalatable.
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste can also be used in place of chopped garlic in this recipe.
- Also, lime juice can be swapped for lime zest or use the combination for a stronger zesty flavor.
- Cilantro will just be as flavorful in place of parsley.
- 500g Raw Tiger Shrimps, pealed and deveined
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 5 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Pepper Flakes, crushed
- Put 1 tbsp. of olive oil into a medium sized-skillet to sear the shrimps. Place the shrimps into the hot skillet making sure they have full contact to heat. Sear them for a minute each on each side and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter for about a minute till it turns light brown. Add chopped garlic and pepper flakes, fry for 30 seconds. Then add honey, soy sauce and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- Return the shrimps to the skillet, add parsley and stir to coat shrimps with sauce.
- Serve with your choice of rice or vegetables.
1. 1 tablespoon of garlic paste can also be used in place of chopped garlic for this recipe.
2. Raw shrimps works best for this recipe. A good choice are tiger shrimps and Argentinian shrimps.
3. Overcooked shrimps tend to be tough and rubbery in texture so keep an eye and sear over high heat for a minute on each side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 325mgSodium: 1411mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 30g
Please note that nutritional information is not always accurate.