Try this delicious and healthy Chicken Kale Tomato Pasta recipe for your next weeknight dinner. Packed with nutrients from the kale and tomato, and quick and easy to make, this dish is sure to be a hit.
Have you ever been stuck trying to come up with a new and tasty meal to make for dinner? It can be overwhelming to constantly have to think of new ideas, especially if you’re trying to eat healthily. If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious option, try this chicken kale tomato pasta recipe. Not only is it packed with nutrients from the kale and tomato, but it’s also a great way to use up any leftover chicken you might have in the fridge. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make, so it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
This pasta dish is an idea that came up to me when I was looking for a quick dinner recipe to make. And I wanted it nutrient dense and balanced. So it’s a no-brainer for me that if kale, chicken, pasta, cherry tomatoes, and olive oil came together, I’d accomplish exactly that. This is a very simple yet delicious pasta dish and now let’s get right into it!
Ingredients List For Chicken Kale Tomato Pasta
- Spiral Pasta – this pasta shape is so fun! The spiral makes it so much fun to eat and it works amazingly in this recipe. However, feel free to use other spiral pasta or even spaghetti.
- Kale – this is currently my best vegetable to eat and drink (for kale shakes). Kale is very nutrient-dense and is leading on the charts of the top superfoods.
- Chicken Thighs – chicken thighs are juicy and so delicious. It’s a perfect combination of dark and white meat but if you want to make this dish extra healthy, opt for the breasts.
- Cherry Tomatoes – small round and sweet in flavor; it balances this dish out nicely.
- Red Onions – I love red onions. Now some people may find the flavor a bit strong so it’s okay to use white or yellow onions but red onions are very flavorful when fried.
- Garlic – garlic works wonderfully here and adds a ton of flavor to the pasta
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper – as a flavor enhancer
- Olive Oil – to sautee garlic and onions- provides the healthy fat needed in our diet.
How To Make This Recipe
- Cook pasta according to instructions in a medium pot with boiling water and salt.
- Meanwhile, slice up the chicken thighs and put them in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp of salt and pepper, mix and set aside.
- Using a skillet, heat oil and fry chicken for six minutes or until browned. Make sure to stir while frying. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Fry the onions and garlic for two or three minutes. Next, add the tomatoes and kale and stir fry for three minutes. as well.
- Add the pasta and chicken back into the skillet. Taste for salt and adjust as necessary.
Serving Options for This Chicken Kale Tomato Pasta
When it comes to serving this chicken kale tomato pasta, you have a few options.:
- One option is to simply dish out the pasta onto plates and top it with the chicken and tomato mixture. If you want to add some extra greens, consider serving it with a side salad. A simple mixed greens salad with a light vinaigrette dressing would be a great complement to the pasta.
- Another option is to serve the pasta in bowls and add some extra toppings. Some ideas for toppings could include grated parmesan cheese, fresh basil, or a drizzle of olive oil. You could also add some croutons for a bit of crunch.
- You could also try serving it with some garlic bread for an extra flavorful twist.
The key is to find a balance between the pasta, chicken, and tomato mixture and any additional elements you choose to include. Whether you serve it with a salad, bread, or extra toppings, this chicken kale tomato pasta is sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
How To Store And Reheat
This pasta should be allowed to cool completely before storing. Store it in an air-tight container and it will keep well in the fridge for 4 – 5 days.
To reheat, simply let it thaw to room temperature for a couple of hours before microwaving it in a dish.
Other Pasta Recipes You’ve Got To Try
- 7 oz Spiral Pasta
- 2 cups Kale, chopped
- 2 Boneless Chicken Thighs, diced
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/4 Red Onions, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot, add salt and pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- While that is going, slice the chicken thighs into bite sizes. Put them into a mixing bowl, add 1 tsp of salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Add olive oil into a skillet. Fry the chicken for 6 minutes or until browned. Make sure to stir while frying. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Fry the onions and garlic for a minute or two or until translucent. Add tomatoes and kale and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and chicken. Taste for salt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1863mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
Please note that nutritional information is not always accurate.